Saturday, December 12, 2009

Brainstorming Idea #1: by Miro

I've been collecting "dark room" items for years now. I'm trying to get my friend to sell me her old enlarger... so far I have multiple trays, film paper, tongs, beakers, lighting equipment etc.

I've had this dream to convert old (vintage) nonfunctional cameras into "Pin Holes".... HOW- you ask? well... I don't really know yet, I've collected about twenty cameras and I figured it'd be easy because they're already "light tight".... and the other technical part is... once it's a pinhole camera, I have a black camera bag to load a small piece of film paper into the camera that will work as a negative... you take a photograph- SAVE the "negative" in a dark room- you place liquid emulsion on the negative and transfer it on to a cut piece of Plexiglas, like a tray... then you simply load on to the enlarger and transfer it on to film paper... and VOILA! I would like to simplify this dream... any Ideas?

I would like to see photographs done by a group of people and have an art show--- imagine the texture of the photograph itself?

I imagined a team of two or more people photographing together. The idea was to document a story one wants to tell by photographing and recording a soundtrack for the image or series. For instance, you and a friend want to share something important with us... while one photographs an image the other person records the sounds that occupy the space... you can use a tape recorder. THEN, loop the sound either by playing it and record sounds behind it.... or use a computer. This song will accompany the piece while it's displayed on the wall... it sounds hard, huh... that's why I think a team would work better...

No comments:

Post a Comment